14-year-old kills three in Texas convenience store shooting

A 14-year-old boy fired off more than 20 shots at a Texas convenience store, killing three other teenagers and injuring a fourth in a targeted attack, police said Wednesday.

Abel Elias Acosta remains on the loose after the shooting on Sunday and is considered armed and dangerous, Garland Police Department said in a statement.

A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information leading to Abel’s arrest.

“Detectives believe Abel Acosta is actively evading capture and need the public’s assistance in locating him,” the department said on Facebook.

The alleged gunman, described as just over 5-feet tall and 125 pounds, made his getaway after the killings in a Dodge Ram driven by his father, Richard Acosta, who police said previously turned himself in. Richard Acosta, 33, faces capital murder charges and is being held on a $1 million bond, cops said.

Acosta remains on the loose after the shooting on Sunday and is considered armed and dangerous, police said.
Garland Police Department/Facebook
Richard Acosta, the teen’s father, allegedly served as his son’s getaway driver after the killings. Police say he previously turned himself in.
Garland Police Department/Facebo

The deadly ambush may be retaliation for a “previous disturbance” against one or more of the victims, police said.

Surveillance footage showed the shirtless shooter creep to the doorway of a Texaco station, wearing a baseball cap and surgical mask. After crouching and peeking into a window of the store, he blasts multiple shots using a handgun while standing at the doorway and spraying gunfire in several directions.

Police identified the victims as Xavier Gonzalez, 14, Ivan Noyala, 16, and Rafael Garcia, 17. A 15-year-old cook in the store was injured in the attack but hasn’t been identified. Police had said at a news conference on Monday that Xavier had appeared to be at the store ordering food at the time of the shooting. The other two were seen entering the store together.

Police arrested another 14-year-old the day after the shooting but released him without charges. The boy, who wasn’t identified, remains a person of interest though he was not the shooter, officers said.

Police investigate the convenience store in the aftermath of the shooting.
Three teenagers killed were aged 14, 16 and 17.
FOX4