There is a very good chance that Sunday at MetLife Stadium will be the final time that Tom Brady faces the Jets.
I know we have probably said that before, but at 44 years old and the Bucs not playing the Jets again for another four years, it’s hard to believe they will ever see each other in a game again. It’s possible, but I believe this will be the swan song for Brady against the franchise he has tormented for over two decades.
To preview that Jets-Bucs matchup Sunday, we bring you a new episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast with Brian Costello and I. We have a terrific conversation with former Jets offensive lineman, two-time Patriots Super Bowl champion (alongside Brady), and ESPN NFL analyst, Damien Woody.
Gang’s All Here Podcast with Jake & Coz:
- NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS: New Year’s resolution is to lose weight and hit the gym more. Coz talks about Rex Ryan’s resolution once being to curse less, because off camera he always cursed. We go over my unique childhood of not cursing and downloading clean versions of rap songs.
- BRADY: This could be the grand finale for Brady. It all started against the Jets with the Mo Lewis hit that brought Brady into the game with the Patriots… and the rest is history. He’s still playing at an elite level, although he will be missing some key pieces from the Bucs offense on Sunday.
- BUCS @ JETS PREVIEW: Might need to go to the game Sunday to see history. This will still be ugly for the Jets. Todd Bowles revenge game coming. He will put a ton of blitzes on Zach Wilson and the Jets offense.
Damien Woody Interview:
Former Jets OG (2008-2010), 2-time Patriots Super Bowl champion, ESPN NFL analyst
- ZACH WILSON’S DEVELOPMENT: Likes to see that he has not been turning the ball over the past few games. They loved his improvisation skills when they drafted him. Good to see more of him running and important for him to finish strong.
- MEKHI BECTON’S DURABILITY: Becton needs to hit this offseason hard and get himself in better shape going into next season. Talks about a Bill Parcells line to him when he was with the Patriots about needing to lose weight. He did and had the best season of his career.
- TOM BRADY MEMORIES: Playing with a young Brady and the fire he has always had being like a Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods.
- RIP JOHN MADDEN: His memories of John Madden over the years, what he meant to the NFL and his 93 Madden video game rating.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the podcast drop Mondays and Thursdays.