by Staff ◊ Jul 06, 2012
From my vantage point, I overhear many conversations between staff and patrons. Often, the topic of those discussions is one misconception or another that our users have about the library and its rules. I thought it might be helpful to dispel a few of the myths that seem to be widely accepted about the library. So, here it is, a library quiz by me, TotemTom.
True or False?
1. You must return library items to the same branch from which you borrowed them.
2. When a library item is overdue, the fines continue to accumulate until it is returned.
3. Your Hamden library card can only be used to borrow materials in Hamden.
4. The library uses money collected from book fines to buy more library materials.
5. Anyone may borrow Museum Passes from the Hamden Library.
And, what’s the correct response to all of these questions? False. Really.
1. You can return Hamden library items to any of our three branches and they will be checked in on our system-wide circulation database.
2. There is a limit to the fines that can accumulate on any item.
3. With your Hamden library card you are eligible to borrow materials from any public library in Connecticut.
4. Fines collected on overdue books are a source of revenue for the Town of Hamden.
5. Only Hamden residents may borrow our Museum Passes.