VITA Offers Free Tax Assistance
by Staff ◊ Apr 06, 2012
VITA Volunteers from Quinnipiac University Law School will offer free tax preparation assistance to low-income Hamden residents at the Miller Memorial Library on Saturdays from 10am-4pm on April 7 and April 14.
Appointments are not necessary. People will be helped on a first come, first served basis. In order for the volunteers to assist you, you must bring with you the following items:
• Social Security cards for you, dependents, and/or spouse
• Photo identification for yourself and your spouse
• All forms, W-2s, and 1099s
• Information for other income
• Information for all deductions/credits
• A copy of last year’s tax return (if you have it)
• Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (if you want it)
Volunteers will complete only simple 1040s and will not be able to help those with investment incomes, military income, or foreign incomes. Please bring all supporting documentation, otherwise the volunteers will not be able to assist you.
For additional information, please call 203.287.2680.