Evergreen Cemetery Association of New Haven & Crematory
by Staff ◊ Jan 06, 2012
Dale J. Fiore, General Manager of Evergreen Cemetery Association of New Haven and Crematory, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, announces the installation of the first phase of a multimillion dollar project to expand the cemetery’s current cremation options of scatter garden, burial of cremated remains, and interior columbarium.
Jeff and Rob Hardy of the Hardy Doric Company of Chelmsford, Mass., installed the first unit of granite with granite niche covers. The unit includes 96 single and double niches that will become immediately available to the public. KMI Columbaria Inc., of Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada, is the manufacturer of the columbarium unit.
The entire exterior columbarium project was designed by Grever & Ward cemetery planners. The project will be constructed on land situated between the Evergreen Cemetery office and the Evergreen Memorial Crematory. When the project is complete in 2012, there will be space for earth burial of cremated remains, over 1000 niche spaces, memorial walkways and contemplation benches, new plantings of trees, bushes, and flowers, and lighting elements to enhance the area.
The Evergreen Cemetery Association has been serving families in the Greater New Haven area since 1848. The Evergreen Memorial Crematory was constructed in 1956 and the new office building, located on the Ella T. Grasso Boulevard, was completed in 1999.